Internal Advisory Committee
The role of the Internal Advisory Committee (IAC) is to provide expert guidance to the Center Director in facilitating the growth and success of both the individual Project Leaders and the overall Center. These members were chosen based on three considerations:
- All are highly successful investigators
- All have developed and currently oversee equally successful multi-investigator projects, institutes, or departments
- The projects/institutes directed by these investigators have the potential for significant synergy with investigators included in this COBRE award.
The following scientists serving in an advisory capacity for the Center for Studies of Host Response to Cancer Therapy are:
- Keith Olsen, Pharm.D., UAMS, Dean, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, UAMS.
- Lawrence E Cornett, Ph.D., UAMS Vice Chancellor of Research, and PI/Director, Arkansas INBRE,UAMS.
- Laura Hutchins, M.D., Director, Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute, UAMS.
- Edgar Garcia-Rill, Ph.D., PI/Director, UAMS COBRE Center for Translational Neuroscience, UAMS.
- Stephanie Gardner, Pharm.D., Ed.D., provost and chief academic officer of UAMS.
- Aubrey J Hough, M.D., Professor, Department of Pathology, UAMS.
- Robert E Mcgehee, Ph.D. Director, Arkansas Biosciences Institute, Dean, Graduate School, Professor, Department of Pediatrics, UAMS.
- Paula K Roberson, Ph.D. Chair, Professor, Department of Biostatistics, UAMS.
- Fen Xia, Ph.D. Chair, Chair, Department of Radiation Oncology, UAMS.
Core Oversight Committee
The role of the core oversight committee is a “subcommittee” of the IAC. It consists of two IAC members with expertise in core facilities, supplemented by two additional individuals who are responsible for evaluating of the Cancer Institute cores facilities and TRI core facilities. The Core Oversight Committee performs the annual evaluation of COBRE Center core facilities. The following scientists serving in Core Oversight Committee for the Center for Studies of Host Response to Cancer Therapy are:
- Lawrence E Cornett, Ph.D., UAMS Vice Chancellor of Research, and PI/Director, Arkansas INBRE.UAMS.
- Edgar Garcia-Rill, Ph.D., PI/Director, UAMS COBRE Center for Translational Neuroscience,UAMS.
- Philip R Mayeux, Ph.D. Professor and Director of Educationin Pharmacology and Toxicology, UAMS.
- Steve Post Ph.D., Professor and Associate Vice Chair for Research,UAMS.
The role of the mentors are to (1) oversee the scientific and career development of the Project Leaders, (2) aid in the implementation of IAC and/or EAC recommendations, and (3) bring to the attention of the Center Director and Center Leadership Team any barriers that may impede progress. The following scientists are serving as mentors for the Center for Studies of Host Response to Cancer Therapy are:
- Edgar Garcia-Rill, Ph.D.Professor of Anatomy and Psychiatry
- Marjan Boerma, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences in the Division of Radiation Health, UAMS.
- Lee Ann Macmillan-crow Ph.D., Director of TRI Pilot Program, Professor in the Department of Pharmacology/Toxicology, UAMS.
- Alan J Tackett, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UAMS.
- Jerry Ware, Ph.D., Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, UAMS.